Autonomie is a highly semantic, responsive, accessible and search engine optimized WordPress Theme. It provides HTML5 templates refined with microformats, microformats2 and microdata (Schema.org). Autonomie supports a lot of OpenWeb plugins and is fully IndieWeb compatible.
„Autonomie“ is a „living theme“. I use it for my own blog and so it may change completely over time. Why Autonomie?
„Autonomie“ is the german word for „autonomy“ which is a synonym to independent!
- Greg Tangey (Ruxton) – for the „Post Kinds“ and „Syndication Links“ implementations
Frequently Asked Questions
- Post Kinds: https://wordpress.org/plugins/indieweb-post-kinds/
- Syndication Links: https://wordpress.org/plugins/syndication-links/
- ActivityPub: https://wordpress.org/plugins/activitypub/
- PWA: https://wordpress.org/plugins/pwa/
Autonomie‘ code is marked-up with microformats and microdata:
- used microformats:
- used microformats version 2:
- used microdata:
- micormats (v2): hAudio and hMedia
- microdata: http://schema.org/MediaObject
What are the WordPress features supported by Autonomie?
- Custom Post Formats: aside, status, gallery, video, audio, chat, quote, link and image
- Navigation Menus
- Automatic Feed Links
What is POSH
From the micrormats wiki:
The term semantic-html is a mouthful, and belies both how simple it is, how well established it is among modern web designers, and the fact that it has benefits far beyond the obvious doing the right thing for the Web by using semantic markup. We need a simple short mnemonic term that captures the essence of the concept, and is easily verbed (to posh, poshify, poshed up).
Unless otherwise specified, all the theme files, scripts and images are licensed under MIT License.
The exceptions to this license are as follows: